Contents of Voice Pack 1
- Functional Voice Difficulty
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Stopping Throat Clearing
- Abdominal Breathing
- Breathing Exercises
- Respiratory System
- Lifestyle and Vocal Behaviors
- Relaxation Audio (optional)
The aims of the first session are: 
- To explain what is meant by a functional voice difficulty and to describe some of the symptoms and what can be done to improve them.
- To provide advice about things to do and not to do in order to maintain and preserve the voice.
- To demonstrate a technique that will help clients to stop clearing the throat.
- To introduce a breathing technique that makes good use of lung capacity and which allows clients to control the breath in a relaxed and easy manner.
- To provide exercises that will help clients use the new breathing technique.
 It is recognized that these aims are not written in a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-limited) format. Rather, they are written to rapidly summarize the focus of each session for the clients.
NEXT >> Functional Voice Difficulty