[Last updated: 27 July 2017]
The term “SLTINFO.COM” or “us” or “we” or “our” refers to the owner of the Site. The term “you” or “your” refers to the individual accessing, browsing or otherwise using the Site by any means and via whatever device and/or the individual submitting works and materials to us or the Site for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, the Site.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- make the Site work as you would expect;
- remember your settings during and between visits;
- offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising);
- improve the speed/security of the site;
- allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook;
- continuously improve the Site for you; and
- make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do).
- collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission);
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission);
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties; or
- pay sales commissions.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
Website function cookies
Our own cookies
- remembering your search settings; and
- allowing you to add comments to the Site.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use the Site.
Third party functions
- videos (powered by YouTube and Vimeo);
- presentation slides (powered by SlideShare);
- Google Maps; and
- other embedded content.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social website cookies
So that you can easily ‘Like’ or share our content on websites such as Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on the Site.
Cookies are set by:
- Twitter; and
The privacy implications of this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
We may use:
- Google Analytics – if you wish, you can opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics (we would prefer that you didn’t though, as this data is very helpful to us in improving the Site); and
- Jetpack – a site design, traffic and security tool offered by Automatic on behalf of WordPress.com.
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertising partners who work to accepted privacy standards such as EASA (revised) Best Practice Recommendation on Online Behavioural Advertising (2016).
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/ although we would prefer that you didn’t, as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
- DoubleClick (owned by Google);
- Atlas Solutions; and
We partly fund the Site by showing adverts as you browse the Site. These adverts are usually managed by a partner specialising in providing adverts for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visit so they can personalise the adverts to you, ensure that you don’t see the same adverts too frequently and ultimately report to advertisers on which adverts are working. Our partners include:
- Google AdSense.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). However, doing so will likely limit the functionality of the Site and a large proportion of the world’s websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that your concerns about cookies relate to so-called ‘spyware’. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing.
The Site is owned and operated by Graham Williamson.
You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address 3 Crawley Dene, Powburn, Northumberland NE66 4HA;
(b) using the Site’s contact form at https://www.sltinfo.com/contact/.